Sunday, September 1, 2013

ROOMMATES

I told you in my last post how other close management camps have roommates. Well all of them do except Florida State Prison. At all the other close management camps once you reach level 2 you will have a roommate some out of fear.

A lot of the people, I would say about half of the people on close management, believe it or not, are not even trying to get off. They are either to weak to endure the pressures of open population or they have made so many enemies that even if they had powers like superman they wouldn't be safe. So those types of people don't want roommates because this solitary confinement for them is a form of protective custody.

Then there are people that don't want a roommate because it is very comfortable to have a cell to yourself and not have to worry about dealing with another person and his habits in your cell. There is a good chance you may end up with someone you don't get along with or see eye to eye with on a lot of things. Once this person is in your cell the guards will not move either one of you out of the cell unless there is a serious altercation involving violence. Which means, as they tell you, no blood, no move. 

So for good reasons a lot of people would don't want to take the chance. 

I'm not sure if I would want a roommate or not. On the one hand I would enjoy the company, maybe someone to play cards or chess with and talk to. I would enjoy all that. On the other hand sharing this tiny cell would not be easy. So if I'm to be honest I really don't know if I would rather have a roommate or not and it really doesn't matter because they won't be giving me one until I go back to population. 

Moving on to the next post, I had a friend ask me a interesting question. She asked: Why is a friend so hard for a convict to find? And why he can't find a friend among other convicts?
Those are 2 very good questions and I will answer both in one of my next posts.  

If anyone reading this has any questions they would like me to answer or maybe need me to clear up something I already wrote, feel free to write me and ask. I will either write you back with an answer or post the answer on the blog. You can reach me with a letter, email (you find it at my blog profile) or by writing a comment. 

Please ( be safe )

One man caged
Ricky


Ricky Silva DC# L24722
Florida State Prison
7819 N.W. 228th street
Raiford, Florida 32026
U.S.A.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading through your blog, I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wish you best of luck for all your best efforts.

    sitges holiday & long term rental Barcelona

    ReplyDelete