Thursday, August 29, 2013

GLASS WINDOW



GLASS WINDOW

tues July 2

Outside my window, when often I look.
I see so much failure, to many chances took.
I see very little sunshine, and a whole lot of rain.
I see despair and misery, smiling at pain.

I see a forest of hate, raw and true.
I see all the insanity, coming unglued.
I see a river of blood, with a current so swift.
I see a heart ripped out, presented as a gift.

I look out my window, and see a bird in a cage.
I see frustration and anger, even simmering rage.
I see so much, I have learned to despise.
I see murderous intent, staring into my eyes.

When I look out my window, I see the pain of years
and slowly but surely, my eyes fill up with tears.
Because it's not a window at all, it's a mirror, you see?
And all that's in my eyes, staring back at me.

by Ricky Silva, July 2013

2 comments:

  1. Very moving poem Ricky, written really well. You have such fantastic self-awareness. I hope that our comments come back to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michaela, I want you to know I have received all of your comments and I can't thank you enough. You give me inspiration to keep going with the blog. Your thoughtfulness means a lot to me. I apologize for not responding sooner.
      You left a comment about a letter. I just want you to know I have not received it yet.
      Thanks again for all your comments!
      Be safe,
      one man caged, Ricky (written on August 26, 2013)

      Delete