Saturday, August 10, 2013

FEAR NOT

With each breath of wind, nature slowly unfolds.
With each setting trend, another story is told. 
So as I look at the construction, of the world today
I inhale the destruction, that just won't go away. 

Yet deep in a corner, there is a spot of great peace. 
A place so much warmer, where there is no police.
A place from the past, that we use to know.
A place of green grass, lightly covered in snow. 

Today is so cloudy, I hope for the shine of the sun. 
My thoughts become rowdy, when I think of the battles I've won. 
When my confidence seems low, I easily deceive you. 
What you have to know, I never believed true. 

So with all that said, is life what it really seems. 
Only when we are dead, will we know what life really means. 
So I open up my mind, to the ideas of all
Because in do time, we all must fall.

So when I leave this world, and give my final good bye. 
I won't have a casket of pearls, but you'll find love in my eyes. 
I've gripped all the terms, of a troubling life. 
So when I rest with the worms, I'll make joy my wife. 

Right now death, might be coming near. 
But my last breath, I will not fear. 
I will let the memories of yesterday, put a smile on my face. 
And I will take my life and live the rest today, and sleep on sheets of lace. 

by Ricky Silva, July 2013

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ricky, lovely poem though sad this time around. The last verse is concerning. You are not nearing death, so I hope you dont mean it in this way. Ihope you are keeping sane as it is very tough going for you! Take care. Michaela.

    ReplyDelete