Tuesday, August 27, 2013

STAYING POSITIVE

I stare out of my cage,
at the fences and wire. 
I was so full of fight,
but I'm beginning to tire.

I once walked straight,
head held tall.
But it's been a long journey,
behind these walls.

I'm not ready to give up,
at least not yet. 
But I lack something to look forward to,
and I'm filled with regret.

As I lay down at night,
on this thin piece of steel.
I get often confused,
about the way that I feel.

Sometimes wild forms of anger,
fill my emptiness inside.
And then there is the sadness,
that often choose to hide.

But with each and every breathe,
life will go on.
And to all the hate and negativity,
I choose not to respond.

I've come across a lot of wisdom,
but have so much to learn.
So if today it's not productive,
it is not my concern.

by Ricky Silva, July 2013

1 comment:

  1. This is a positive way to get out your frustrations and seeing this as a learning experience is a positive way of looking at things. Keep holding your head up that the son may shine upon you and stay positive. I'm proud of you for looking to the fact that each day we learn something new as life itself is a learning experience. Love Always, your sister.

    ReplyDelete