Wednesday, September 11, 2013

ONE MAN



Life would go on,
should I die.
Why does the world ignore,
a lonely cry?

Taking another step,
one foot in front of the other. 
Tripping each other for placement,
falling over one another. 

Like crabs in a pot,
pulling each other down. 
Laughing at life's cruelty,
when no one is around. 

I wonder if I'm human,
as I sit in this cell. 
The way we are all treated,
it's very hard to tell. 

It's the nature of the beast,
to treat each other cruel. 
One will be enslaved,
and one will always rule. 

We need to take a moment, 
to give a helping hand.
We are all so very different,
but a man is a man.

by Ricky Silva, August 2013

3 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Ricky. You outdo yourself w/ every post. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you getting your mess not Ricky love.j.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean meds!medication! Whoops bad typing

    ReplyDelete