Sunday, May 26, 2013

JUDGE ME NOT

I feel fire in my heart, as the world turns.
Misery finds me lonely, as lifes candle burns.
It's all in my mind, or so I've been told.
But it's all so confusing, as life continues to unfold.

A bird thrown out of the nest, could likely die.
Yet determined to live, that baby bird will fly.
How is it I myself, struggle each and every day.
To embrace my fears, and push negativity away.

I have been disappointed, and I have disappoined others.
I have been a disappointment, to my very own mother.
So I sit on this mat, in a tiny little cell.
With a story to tell, about my own personal hell.

The walls are closing in, or at least it seems.
If I'm living life asleep, then please let me dream.
I feel beaten by life, by myself I have been abused.
I chose this path, why now am I lost and confused?

To know wisdom is to perceive understanding, a wise man once said.
Yet understanding eludes me, and the wise man is probably dead.
Life deals you a hand, often missing an ace.
Yet you always stride forward, wearing your poker face.

I do accept responsibility, for all that I've done.
I accept my loses, along with the battles I've won.
I feel much remorse, for things I will never forget.
I could lay down and give up, but I won't do that yet.

Because along with the rage in my heart, when push comes to shove.
You will find right beside it, compassion and love.
I have done my share of wrong, this much is true.
One day I will be judged, but i hope not by you!!!

by Ricky Silva, may 2013

2 comments:

  1. 'Judge not that ye be not judged....Matthew 7:1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Notice you're thinking of mum. Hunny, I haven't asked you much about your family. But I think she owes you an apology, not the other round.
      despair can lead to a desperately wanting mum. I call out for my mum in the panic that comes after seizures, she dosent come but it shows who we cry out for at desperate moments.its a shame you didnt get to make your peace. Love you. Jayxxxxxxx

      Delete