Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A STORY OF FRIENDSHIP

I would like to tell you a story, about 4 friends of mine.
It had gotten to the point, where we talk from time to time.
When they first came into my life, I would push them away.
But they stood strong and steady, and said they would stay.

They said you may not realize it now, but we're truely good friends.
And we'll do anything in our power, to stay with you till the end.
When you feel fed up with life, we'll sing you a song.
As long as you have us, you will never be alone.

We're here for you now, who else have you got?
We keep you warm when it's cold, and cool when it's hot.
You feel you don't need us, but that is untrue.
Can't you see how much, the 4 of us care for you?

As time has passed by, I have opened up some.
And they say they knew all along, that day would come.
They speak in a tone of voice, it seems only I can hear.
About how much they care, and they sound so sincere.

They have been a unrelenting precence, for a few years now.
I have tried to rid myself of them, but have yet to figure out how.
So they speak directly to me, and always ask me why
when they care for me so much, do I keep pushing them aside?

That's not how you treat your friends, they always say.
All you ever do is take, and then push us away.
We surround you like a shield, and protect you from harm.
We comfort you in our embrace, when you feel alarmed.

We take your life in our hands, and keep negativity out.
Yet what we keep from you, is all you ever care about.
Well we just want you to know, we will always be here.
Have we not proven that, over the last few years?

The 4 of us have been there, through good and bad weather.
When everyone lost their pen, and wouldn't even send a letter.
Through all the struggles and strife, and late night hunger pain.
The 4 of us where there, to help keep you sane.

So yes, I've come to accept, it's the 4 of them and me.
And though very often in this cell, I question my sanity.
The 4 so called friends I realize now, are no friends at all.
They may be with me all the time, but all they are is walls.

by Ricky Silva, march 2013

6 comments:

  1. Brilliant poem - I had no idea until the very end who these friends were. VEry well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of his best. Now that our Ricky is dead,(sorry if that came as a shock..I have been panicking and pacing but a friend from s.watch comforted me)I intend to pick out some profound poem, hapy/sad some bringing a little tear down your cheek. Let's keep this blog going. Xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Deanna! When did Ricky die? And how? Have zou been in contact with him before his dead? It's sad to hear! I'm shaking! you must have been close to him, sorry for your lost!
      Greetings from sad Kat!

      Delete
    2. As far as I can get info, 26th month. They wont tell me the manner of death(covering up)??yet. Weve been writing 2-3 times a week, for 2 years, so I have an idea, I know he was suicidal, having been put back to level 1 after clash with racist guard. Stuff was going so well before. I kinda expected this, though I am still panicking and pacing. He was denied belongings and mail. Any questions you might have, kayjagrace@gmail.com. comfort would be nice too. I feel like I'm in a dream tho I know I'm awake. Love. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      Delete
    3. Forgot to say...my friend at solitary watch says at least now he is free.

      Delete