Saturday, June 15, 2013

24 QUESTIONS

If you're surrounded by nothing, can you feel trapped?
Should you sit back and watch, as your world comes unwrapped?
If life ended right now, where would you stand?
Have you reached your goals, fulfilled your plan?

Have you loved your neighbor, like we know we should?
Have you helped another, at times when you could?
Have you loved someone and that love wasn't returned?
Have you given chances to people and than been burned?

Have you burned someone else, when they gave you a chance?
Have you ever been a victim, of bad circumstance?
Reached out for help and no one was there?
Or someone reached out o you, but you didn't care?

Do you learn from mistakes, once there are done?
Do you believe you have faults or are you the perfect one?
Am I a waste of life, because of my incarceration?
Do you believe in being ready, in great preperation?

Should we be forgiven, for a life we choose to live?
Is it hard for you as a person, to let go and to forgive?
You ever not want to admitt it, but were filled with fear?
Ever been confused in life, yet said it was all clear?

Ever have good things happen and credit it to good luck?
Ever feel yourself dieing, but didn't give a fuck?
Tired of my questions? I don't blame you.
But nobody is perfect, isn't that true?

by Ricky Silva, may 2013
_____________________________________________________________________

If you have been following my blog i hope it's not boring you to death as I sit in my cell surrounded by steel. I enjoy writing and I'm trying to do something productive so I don't feel like such a loser. The poem is a lot of questions, questions I often at one point or another had to ask myself.

I hope your answers make you feel better about yourself then my answers made me feel. Feel free to comment on them or ask some of your own, that is completely up to you.

I promised to tell about some of the people on my wing and then they up and moved me. Things are more secluded here, the cells are farther apart and communication is difficult. We must scream to be heard and that pisses off the guards. We can talk out our window but if we get caught we get written up or they don't feed us the next meal. I know, crazy but once I get readjusted to my new home I will fill in the blanks on my blog.

Please understand, I realize a lot of people who read this are not going to like me or are not gonna agree  with a lot of the things I say. These are just my thoughts. I can respect anybodies point of view and in fact would love to hear any feedback, positive or negative. I am open-minded and will accept all feedback. So untill next time I reside in and write to you from a box made of concrete, I reach out anyway.

Sincerely
Ricky


Ricky Silva DC# L24722
Florida State Prison
7819 N.W. 228th street
Raiford, Florida 32026
U.S.A.



1 comment:

  1. Your life is not wasted. I can't understand why our society treats prisoners inhumane is a concrete box for months and even years. I can understand how you could feel like you're loosing your mind. I don't know what I'd do in your situation. May God care for you. Do you believe in God?

    ReplyDelete